Dual monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
hi guys i just borrowed my mates 17" wide screen monitor and set it up got everything going fine got ultrmon ect,

the problem i have is if i load itunes i have hundreds of albums and album covers, on my primary monitor it runs fine but on the new secondary monitor it is laggy as heck, why is this? should i try and find some drivers for the 17", would this help?

everything else i have tried on the monitor seems to work fine, i cant work it out because on my primary monitor everything works fine its only when i drag itunes across to the secondary when it lags, if i drag it back it is instantly fine!?

HD radeon 4850! screen res are 1400 x 1050 and 1280 x 768, i have reduced the resolution on the second monitor down to like its lowest and this didn't seem to do anything? same scenario if i reduce my primary monitor to its lowest res?

if i control alt delete, the CPU uses like 2 % when i look through the covers on monitor one, on monitor 2 it instantly jumps to around 50%, i only have 1 gig of RAM installed at the mo as my second stick has been sent off for replacement, could this be causing the problem?

i found a similar thread elsewhere but that guy was using an old card and everyone told him to buy a new card, but i would have thought a 4850 could handle itunesl? maybe im wrong?

im also running xp at the mo not vista

total 1046764
avail 375592
sys cache 198332

doesnt seem to alter when i scroll through the album covers? when i close itunes avail goes up to 510992 and cache 213864

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom