Dual monitor set up won't work. PLEASE help!! screenshots included

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfink85

Beta member
Please help me! I've been waiting for this to come in the mail for a week and now it won't work. Thanks so much in advance for anyone that can offer an help.

Problem:
- Second monitor on dual display does not pick up any signal and just stays black.

Hardware:
- One NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT low profile DVI and HDMI input. It came with two face plates and I used this one. It was a pain putting it on so I would prefer not to switch back to the plate with VGA and DVI. Not even sure I still have it.
- Two Dell S2209W monitors DVI and VGA input on each.

Setup:
- DVI to DVI on primary monitor.
- HDMI to VGA (via converter) on secondary monitor.

Additional details:
- Both monitors work individually with the video card.
- I have the latest NVIDIA drivers and installed my monitor drivers.
- I am on Windows 7.
- All hardware shows up in device manager. One monitor displays as Analog and one as Digital.
- I have hit the windows key + P to choose Extended for my view.
- In NVIDIA control panel, both monitors display as DVI - PC display (which is wrong since the second monitor is hooked up HDMI to VGA).
- When I click set up multiple displays in NVIDIA control panel, it does nothing. I try to click identify monitor and only the first one responds.

Make sure the resolution that you have setup for the second monitor matches what your monitor can handle, if it is too high or too low it may not display anything.

Have you tried simply restarting your PC with both monitors connect?

This is needed most times in order for your PC to recognize during startup that a second monitor has been connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom