Dual Monitor Problem - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Dual Monitor Problem

Ok, so basically, my T.V is really messed up right now. I use a 19" LCD TV as a dual monitor, and for my xbox (switch inputs). The T.V works fine on my Xbox, and has been working fine since christmas as a dual. But all of a sudden, an inch on the right side of the screen is cut off, and it's blinking from black (not off, just black) to my desktop. I think it might have started when i pressed auto adjust by accident, i forget.

Does anyone know to fix this?

P.s i was told to get up to date drivers on another forum and i did, but it didn't fix it.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via MSN to joeten
Default Re: Dual Monitor Problem

I'm afraid you haven't quite made yourself clear enough. You said that the screen worked fine with the xbox and pc then developed a problem but is that problem just with your pc or also with the xbox now too?
If the awnser to the above question is yes, then try auto adjust again and if the problem isnt fixed on both send your tv back to the manufacturer.
If the answer is no, check your cables are all firmy seated and that your graphics card is firmly seated. If this still does not fix the problem check the cable for bent pins.
This problem could have been caused by any one of a number of things so im afraid its a process of elimination.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Sir Timothy

Try messing around with your resolutioon in the control panel
Might fix it...
Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yeah sorry i wasn't very clear. It works with my Xbox, but not with my PC. And before it was only blinking, but now it is just stuck in auto-adjust. It says Auto-adjusting, then Auto-Adjust OK over and over.

There is no bends in the cable and my card is firm.

Any other suggestions?
Closed Thread