Dual monitor on one VGA cable - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Dual monitor on one VGA cable

I have a ATI Radeon 9800 All-In-Wonder card and I enjoy using dual monitors, except the problem is that the card only has 1 DVI output and I am stuck using a crummy Rage II PCI for my secondary monitor. I've been using this for a while and I am getting fed up of the lack of things I can do on the seconds monitor because it is being run by such a low end card.

I've been looking into VGA and DVI splitter cables and I read an article that said if I used one on an AIW card it can have dual monitors on the 1 DVI port. These splitter cables seem very easy to make and I have all the parts I need to build it I just want to know if I can simply connect all the pins on a VGA cable to 2 VGA ports or is it a little more complex than that? If I do that will it allow me to use dual monitors or will both the monitors act as one?

Old 04-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
I know things...
Default Re: Dual monitor on one VGA cable

Y-see two Dual Monitor Adapter by P.I. Engineering

Never used it , but i've used the ymouse and ykey before.
You'll need to get a vga to dvi adapter.
Closed Thread