Dual Monitor not supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
So I picked up a used LCD monitor that is the exact same brand and model as my existing LCD and wanted to do a dual/side-by-side monitor setup to expand my desktop. I have onboard video and an AGP slot on the board(This is a compaq EVO d510 SFF P4 2.4 GHz) so i figured i'd plug in an AGP card and the dual monitor would just work. But what it does is ignores the onboard video! I can't find anything in the bios to use both or set a primary. Does this mean I'm forced to plug in a PCI card that natively supports dual head? I don't want to spend much money, preferrably no more than 60 or so. If possible I'd like a PCI video card. I might try to find a cheapo PCI card and use it in conjunction with AGP and allow it to ignore the onboard. If i try this i'll let you know what's going on.

thanks for any help.

Ya i dont think you can use onboard and pci at the same time. Most boards that i know of disable onboard video when a discreet video card is plugged in. Just pick up a cheap card that supports dual monitors.

I would suggest getting a new AGP video card that supports Dual Displays. Getting another PCI video card and trying to run duel displays with PCI and AGP probably won't work.

You can get a pretty cheap AGP card that supports Duel Monitors.

thanks for the replies. I have the AGP card in that is working at proper resolution and a pos PCI S3 Trio 64v2 card that I have plugged in...windows now sees both the PCI and AGP and registers that they are both separate graphics adapters...Now my only problem is there are no drivers for windows xp for this card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom