Dual Monitor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Steel

Baseband Member
I've just bought a shiny new monitor, and there seems to be a problem.

2 PC's on a desktop; both attached thru a KVM to a monitor.

I added a second monitor to ONE computer, running its cable only to its dedicated monitor, and set up the desktop in Windows Vista so that the new monitor is the 1st monitor, and the older one is the secondary.

The secondary still runs thru the KVM, allowing me to always see the main PC, are you with me so far?

Here's the problem; the second dissplay appears really dim, dark now. Even when I switch the KVM, so that the new monitor is being fed by PC 1 and the "old" monitor is being run by PC 2, the "old" monitor looks positively dim.

I could SWEAR to you that I loved this "old" monitor, and it had no problems. I'm working in a confined space, and don't want to disconnect and reconnect all the cables for the purposes for testing, so I was wondering if YOU could answer one or more of these questions:

1) Could my shiny new LCD monitor really be that much brighter than my 3 year old CRT?

-or-

2) Could the KVM be bleeding off enough signal to be making the display appear dim?

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Is your new lcd a digital... more than likely its just that much brighter than your CRT. I had somewhat similiar issue.. even now i notice that my AL1619W is alot brighter then the Dell Lcd.

Just a follow-up for any who read the thread...

So After a week or two of going back and forth between settings and monitors, it has become clear that (dang-it) my new CRT is really just so much brighter. Its crazy to me, but after using the CRT for a bit, that's just the way it looks. I have no beef with the display on its own...

But when you put the LCD next to it and turn it on... the CRT just looks dirty.

Bravo for LCD's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom