Dual monitor... help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markthegolfman

Beta member
So I just picked up a second hand monitor to try and get a dual setup on my computer.... I seem to be getting nothing but a flashing light on the secondary monitor though. I have 2 VGA ports in the back of my computer and it seems that only the one is working. My apologies for the crappy cell phone pics....

0111000042.jpg

0111000042a.jpg

the second picture is obviously the port i am using currently. when i plug a monitor into the other one though, it just goes black and the power light starts flashing.

I am running Vista on an Acer Aspire AM5641-E5651A.

I have the DVI cable running to my secondary monitor and have tried to set it up through the display properties, but i still get the same results.

I only see 1 monitor attached in your above picture. Both monitors are connected to your graphics card correct? both monitors work when connected to the one working port correct? what gpu do you have? take a new pic with both monitors hooked up to your computer.

on the dvi monitor have you ensured that it is set for dvi input versus vga? Do you have a hdmi to dvi adapter as reading it seems that it works better with one monitor on hdmi to dvi and the second on vga which makes no sense to me. Have you looked in the ati catalyst tool for dual monitor settings as well?

I have checked the Source on the secondary monitor, I don't have an HDMI to DVI adapter. I am in the ATI Catalyst Center and it wont automatically detect the other monitor, not will it allow me to enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom