Dual Monitor Faultyness

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin2041

Baseband Member
While I'm in safe mode and both monitors are displaying the same thing

or

While I'm in normal mode and only one monitor is running, my computer runs fine and everything is swell. But when I try to use both screens to serve as one large desktop, it freezes and random stuff happens.... Sometimes both monitors just lose their signals or sometimes they start displaying random lines and streaks across the screen. Kind of like artifacts, but the whole screen is filled with them.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem or software problem. These monitors were running fine earlier today until i bumped into one of the wires and jarred it loose (it wasn't screwed onto the graphics card because the screws broke off somehow -_-). After that everything started to go wrong.

Can someone please help me?

Note: My monitors are both LCDs

one is a polyview 17" 1280x1024
the other is an hp 15" 1024x764 (or something)

Both monitors are VGA but i have one connected using a VGA-->DVI converter

Thanks for any help I get!

EDIT: Actually it doesn't even work with one monitor anymore...
EDIT2: So what exactly happens is that it displays my desktop but then i move my mouse around and nothing happens, no response or anything from the monitor. From pressing random keystrokes and trying to run an application, i can tell that the computer itself is still responsive, though. As of now, the screen seems to just be stuck on the desktop screen, not doing anything, but occasionally the screen will just become really random.

are you using SLI or CrossFireX?? that would cause this issue, because the drivers do not allow this (currently) unless you are running an AMD chipset with CrossFireX

Sounds like your video card is overheating when using 2 monitors. What is the card? Have you checked the fan lately? Is it spinning, is it clogged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom