dual core and sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbow_man

Baseband Member
dual core and sp2 Problem

i am new here but have had some experience with pc hardware + software but i have a very puzzling problem and wondered if any of u lot know of anything that could help me.

i have a intel dual core d945 in my pc and ever since i installed windows xp pro service pack 2 my cpu in the task manager it would register as one core working at 100% and the other core working at only 10% do you see my problem. i have tried the hotfix for dual cores and that didnt work so now im stuck with a rather slow pc.

please help.

here
task%20manager%20screenshot.JPG

the program using loads of cpu power says that it is using 50% of the overall power (thats 100% of core 0)

The dual core is there for when your system needs the dual core

So if you have a program that starts to max out your first core then it will kick in the second and release some of the load onto the second core.

What ur seeing there is normal

But it only did it after the installation of windows xp service pack 2. And i prefer it like it was before is there some kind of fix or something i could get.

its only a few random programs that i opened that i know use a lot of cpu (splitcam set to desktop view, and firefox playing a cpu intensive game (falling sand) )

why what should i see/look for

what should i look for bcos its fustrating. and i cant wait till microsoft fixes this.

contact microsoft and abuse them and tell them that if they dont tell you how to fix it you will personally come down and assassinate bill gates :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom