Dual Core = game probs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprooty

Daemon Poster
Hello,

I have had my X2 4400+ for about a month now and i have recently installed Need For Speed Most Wanted and sometimes when i load my game up it seems to jump alot.. not lagging its like every 2 seconds the game will go doubble speed..

it also happend in CS.. i am sure i have played CS on this cpu and it aint gone dubble speed..

but see the funny thing is.. if i alt tab out and set the game process CPU afinity to only 1 core the game will work fine.. but when afinity is set to both cores the game seems to doubble speed every 2-3 seconds for some reason.

It does'nt seem to happen all the time just on the odd ocassion.. happend twice today but as soon as i set the afinity to 1 cpu it works fine...

Our systems are similar, I have no problems in Quake4. Possible driver issue somewhere, incorrct memory timings, could be a lot of things. I don't have NCQ on either...

List the rest of your specs. I know of some incompatibility issues that have caused such problems as you describe them.

That used to happen to me, when i play NFS MW or CS and i got banned because they thought i was speed hacking :(

ABIT KN8 Ultra
AMD X2 4400+ @ 2.5Ghz
XFX 7800GTX Fac OC at 490/1300
2x512MB GeiL PC3200 2x512mb PC2700 Micron Tech running (All running Dual Channel at PC2700 128-bit)
1x80GB Seagate SATA 8mb (THAT JUST DIED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO!!!!)
1x160GB Seagate IDE HD 8mb
Sony DRU 800A

I am using 81.98 drivers for my video card, with direct x 9c december vesion installed.

(As u may have noticed above my SATA HD died on me about 2 hours ago, i have just sent it off to be replace and this is the first Seagat HD i've ever heard that died .... so anything you guys suggest i will not be able to test until the replacement HD arrives.)

I am guessing you might point your finger at the ram mixing but i was still having the problem befor i added the PC2700 Sticks.

I am also experiancing Random Reboots normally when i have a full screen appliaction running like a game or a movie i am wathing in full screen... but you never know this all could be to do with my HD that just died....

ive heard of dual core does that thing to games. ive read in some forums.
not sure the solutions tho..

the only solution i have found it setting the affinity of the process to only 1 core.

PZEROFGH said:
That used to happen to me, when i play NFS MW or CS and i got banned because they thought i was speed hacking :(

I love how in console games it's called, "Glitching" & in PC games it's called "Hacking".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom