Not open for further replies.

radovitch

Beta member
Hi, new member here.
I recently buiilt myself a new computer from the ground up including:

mobo: Asus P5E3 Deluxe
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
RAM: Corsair TWINX 2GB DDR3 XMS 1333mhz

I inserted the RAM in the correct slots (according to the MBO User Guide) for Dual Channel config. However when I boot-up the BIOS splash screen says: Single Channel non Ecc mode. I can find nothing in the manual requiring any changes in the BIOS settings.

I have queried Asus about this but have received no response. As for the official Asus forum, well has anyone ever tried to register with these people? The required registration fields demand everything but the color of your underwear.

In the meantime I've tried using different slots and even updating the BIOS.
No doubt I'm missing something simple and would be grateful if somebody would point me in the right direction.
Thanx

Did you actually go in to bios or just read the book. There almost always is a place to enable dual channel. If not or it's already enabled we will look elsewhere.

Quick question. Do you have the sticks side by side, or here open here open so that they are in the same colored slots. They need to be in the same color ram slots to run dual channel.

Also, asus customer support sucks, dont expect any help from them.

Thanks for your reply.
To answer the first question. The way I generally familiarize myself with a new BIOS is taking it step by step with the manual in hand.
The sticks are side by side which puts them in different colored slots. The first set of two (orange and black) is labeled Dimm A1 and Dimm A2 and the second set is labeled Dimm B1 and Dimm B2. Channel A and Channel B, right? Yet the manual clearly states that for a single dual channel configuration slots Dimm B1 and Dimm B2 need to be populated. That's what threw me. OK, forgot the manual, I'll switch them to the same colors and let you know the results tomorrow.

The manuals are retarded sometimes. They need to be in matching color slots to run dual channel.

I guess you know the answer. Actually, in addition to the thick Users Manual in english they also included a thin, quick start-up pamphlet which I at first ignored cause it was in every language except english. But in glancing through it yesterday I found an illustration showing the correct config for dual channel. For what it's worth, I've zinged off a nasty little note to Asus about this. For a $350 motherboard you'd think they could do their homework. So much for blindly trusting authority.

On another note, I'm wondering if this could have anything to do with all the BSOD's I've been bombarded with ever since I installed this system?
Driver Irq Not_Less_Or_Equal, Page Fault In Non Paged_Area, Bad Pool Caller, etc, etc. Anyway if I get anymore of these I'll start up a new thread.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom