Dual booting dual hard drives help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Dual booting dual hard drives help!

ok basically here goes - I have Win7 on primary hard drive, I purchased a new hard drive same exact one and installed win XP on it, went through this whole ordeal trying to restore the MBR for Win7 and being able to dual boot the system. I finally was able to restore win7 MBR to get back in, trouble is now in win7 it is not showing the second hard drive only the unpartitioned portion. Please help me! I want to be able to dual boot my XP (secondary HDD) with my Win7 (Primary HDD)
NOTE: Easy BCD when booting into winxp errors out and is unable to run due to MBR error (Tried reinstalling xp to no avail) EASY BCD does not detect the secondary HDD either
NOTE: Please help! Good karma goes to those who help someone in need

Old 04-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Dual booting dual hard drives help!

I think it has to be on the same physical drive for EasyBCD to work.
Neowin.net Steam Account
Closed Thread

Posting Rules