dsub input out of range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookster264

In Runtime
I have been experiencing this error report about once a week. THe monitor goes completely black except for this error, requiring a hard reboot.

I have done some research and have been finding that the error is caused by resolution and refresh rate settings for my monitor.

The monitor is a Mitsubishi Diamond Point NX86LCD connected to an ATI Radeon HD2400XT by a VGA cable.

I have found from the manual that the recommended resolution for the monitor is:

1280 x 1024 resolution at 60 Hz.
My current settings are 1024 x 768 @ 60 Hz.

Can the "input out of range" error be generated when the resolution is set lower than the recommended by manufacturer? Or is it only when the resolution is set higher than the monitor can support?

Thanks.

It usually only happens when the refresh rate is set to above the specs, or res is above the specs.

I'd say try reinstalling your GPU's drivers to the most up-to-date ones on ATi's site.

Updated drivers have been installed, but this is still happening. It's not an everyday thing either. It will be fine for weeks, then do it again all of a sudden.

The cable is connected to the GPU's DVI output with a dual converter to VGA and finally connected to the monitor by a VGA cable. Could this be causing the error? Would it be better to just connect with a straight DVI cable? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom