Dropping a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I just had a question cause i take my computers to friends houses and stuff.

Sometimes i get chest pain and then i can't feel my arms.

I was wondering if i had a computer in my hands when that happened and i dropped it if the computer would be fine?

I thought thats what expensive computer cases where for to take the impact.

I'd rather have an expensive computer case ruined than the whole computer cause computer cases are alot cheaper than the whole computer being replaced.

I've seen them drop without causing issues, BUT... I've also seen them dropped where they needed to be fully replaced. It would completely depend on where it was dropped and how it landed...

Recommendation:

Don't carry your computer if you feel your heart attack coming on.

Well a good computer case will take the impact, some hardware will still be affected by the shock of the impact even if the hardware isnt physically damaged. To put it simple its not good. computers at my job have been knocked over and ive looked at them and they still worked, but from a 3 foot drop or so on to pavement i dont know.

if your having trouble carring it why dont you get one of the suit cases with Wheels on it and role ? that might be a better way then risking your machine.

Heh my second PC rolled onto the floor from about a 1ft drop and the only thing that broke was the retention bracket. :p About 4 months later my sisters PC fell out of the car onto the pavement and only took damage to the case.

its just not a good idea to be carrying your computer everywhere like that unless you have it in like a cardboard box with towels around it or something thats what i do.

Looks like someone needs to move to SFF PC's... (Small Form Factor)... I have only had to move my Shuttle once... it is tiny, and there are no issues, it weighs next to nothing...

when all else fails, tie a security cord around your shoulder, so it hits you, not the ground... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom