Drivers wont stay installed on PC:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slave2Society7

Baseband Member
Hey guys I was hoping someone could help me out here. I just formated my computer and re-installed windows xp pro. Well when I but in my gigabyte MB drivers disk it installed several things, but would not install the usb2.0 drivers untill I got Service Pack2. So now I have sp2 and the usb2.0 install isn't an option anymore. So when I plug in my USB mass storage device I get the message that it will be running slow. I wish this was my only problem, BUT I also noticed in Device Manager There is a yellow ? mark next to "PCI Device", "USB Controller" and "Video Controller" I can get rid of these by updating the drivers by searching through the cd roms but after a reboot it goes back to the way it was. So even when I put in my Display Driver installation cd and install it, nothing is changed after a reboot. Anyone know what the heck is going on here? Thanks so much in advace. :)
Colin

browse Compaq for a BIOS update . Did you re-install the Mthr Brd or is this a pre-build ?

It was pre-built from cyberpower. How do I find a update for my bios? Probably go to Gigabyte's (my mb's maker) web page huh? I tried to download updates for my video card driver wich is seperate from my mb and drivers for my audio wich is intergrated and nothing changed. I even looking in the manual and it mentions the yellow ? mark being next to the USB place in the device manager and they just uninstall it and re-boot and that doesn't work either :\

Hey I got most of everything to work! I disabled some startup programs and it will let me install the drivers. For some reason though the audio driver wont install. I'm downloading that now from the gigabyte site. I hope that works. Hey I do have another easy question for ya though, for some reason I can no longer right click on a link and open it in a new window. The option is there, but nothing happens. I have IE6, maybe I should just get firefox? Thnks for your help buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom