drivers for windows vista

you know they say use the advice of experts on the forums how come no-one has managed to resolve the issue that i posted HMMMMMMMMMM

Well, the experts on the forums have to know what you have/haven't tried already, so we would need to ask you these questions, It's not like we are on all day long either, so it might take a bit...

- Do you know if the driver has been digitally signed (if you remember from when you had it working)? if its from microsloth it should be, but you never know.

- Is UAC blocking anything, and is UAC even on?

- Do you have a firewall that might potentially be blocking something?

i hadn't heard of using a driver to use the 360 of a media center extension. My buddy set it up one day with me there, i watched him the whole time, and he has no internet.

Possible alternatives:

-Use a flash drive. works awesome.
-HTPC (home theater PC) i built mine out of spare parts kicking around, it does fine)
-if you have a laptop, plug it in the TV ) if the TV/laptop supports that too.

NOw to everyone else, whats this i hear about not being able to use your product key one more than one machine you own? REALLY? i never heard that.

NOw to everyone else, whats this i hear about not being able to use your product key one more than one machine you own? REALLY? i never heard that.

Legally, you can't.

For OEM licenses of Windows, once you activate the license, it is technically tied to that hardware and cannot be transferred. Calling in the activation on another machine of course is a way to bypass this, as long as the previous system does not have that license active on it anymore).

Retail copies, you can install it on up to 3 separate machines (IIRC, could be wrong on the number), HOWEVER, the previous system must have Windows removed before you install it on the next machine, according to the license agreement.

Legally, you can't.

For OEM licenses of Windows, once you activate the license, it is technically tied to that hardware and cannot be transferred. Calling in the activation on another machine of course is a way to bypass this, as long as the previous system does not have that license active on it anymore).

Retail copies, you can install it on up to 3 separate machines (IIRC, could be wrong on the number), HOWEVER, the previous system must have Windows removed before you install it on the next machine, according to the license agreement.

gooottcha. thanks for clarifying that, very good thing to know

Back
Top Bottom