Drivers for devices forgotten a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgebucaran

Beta member
Hello,

I have recently formatted a computer and re-install Windows XP on it. All went ok and so far everything is worked as expected. The audio card drivers CD or similar is not available because the PC user has lost them so long ago and the biz that sold the PC is already long-time gone. Therefore, how can I know what audio card do I have so I can know which drivers to download? The thing does not applies to the graphics card because I remember it was an nvidia gforce.

Regards, George

download a program called sandra or everest there both free. they pick up unknown devices and tell u everything about your PC

Also you can take the card out and get the numbers off of it most times. And look them up on Drivers guide.com

i have to agree with old&bold... take out the card you want to find the drivers and search form them. the best way.

Hello,

Thank you, Everest Home Edition allowed me to solve the problem, it linked me to the site where I could download the drivers and that was the end of the story. Was it? Well, not really. Let me tell you about it.

The problem was indeed solved, but it was harder than expected. You see, it was my girlfriend's computer with the problem, and up until now was when I had the time to help her out (don't ask why she could not fix it on her own), anyway I did all that process but using MSN remote assistance on her machine from mine with out crappy internet connections. But it was fun.

Once again, thanks a lot guys.

Regards, George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom