Driver questions for Newb R US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another lesson be prepared to have program conflicts when adding new drivers!

Ok, yesterday I got the SB audi working beautifully but guess what! **** thing isn't working now since I downloaded logitech driver for my cam. Any suggestions folks??

I'd tell ya how ****ed I am but ya would think I was crazy, lmao.

Okay, one of your guys hammered it to my head that registry booster's are hogwash.

But what about driver update websites? Are any of them worth it? At all? Cuz according to a couple of them I got driver update issues like 22 of them at least.

Try not to double post Purgatory. Thanks :).

Update websites are mostly useless as well. Stick with finding the drivers yourself or using the system manufacturers website if it's prebuilt.

My comp came with automatic internet access. A lil' over a year ago I had problems between Norton and a Virus screwing it all up. I got rid of both but not without having to disable the original source of internet and having to buy and install a new ethernet card. I was just wondering since the comp is circa 2002/2003 and I'm not used to updating drivers could it have also been that I needed to update the driver for the original internet source: Intel(R) PRO/100 Network Connection?

I did notice one time that I had the cord connected to the original Intel... and I had internet access with the internet shutting down a few times. With all the cleaning up and straightening out I haven't checked to see how it works lately.

So basically the question is do internet cards need driver updates on occasion so they don't crash or whatever they do.

Sorry n Thks Baez;-)

Every device that has drivers can use driver updates from time to time. If it is needed is another aspect.

Some do driver updates to have the latest version. Some need the updates to resolve a issue or bug found in previous versions.

The main thing to check is the changelog. If there are changes, specifically those that can affect you and your setup, then you should get the update. But if you do not see anything specific changed that will affect you or your system then the update isnt mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom