Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridsane

Banned
Hey Guys,

So like obviously I'm new here and I wasnt sure where to post as I wasnt sure if this is a Hardware or Software error.
I'll just explain my problem, I have a XFX HD5770 and I want to upgrade my drivers but once I have downloaded them and am in the middle of the install, I get this huge crash which leads to blue screen D:
Basially it says that the drivers have caused the display card to malfunction then die.
I am complete lost and would appreciate any help!
Cheers :D

I have the exact same card. I am running on the latest drivers. Are you sure you picked the correct OS and x32 or x64 drivers? Might want to try Driversweeper. Install it, restart in safe mode, run Driversweeper, delete all video drivers, restart, go into regular windows, install latest drivers.

Thanks for the reply, I was wondering if anyone was going to notice my thread in here :p
I DID select the correct OS and drivers to download and, well you know the result.
I will get the Drivesweeper software, but why does it have to be safe mode?

because in safe mode, it uses default drivers, not your graphic card drivers, allowing to fully delete it while not in use.

but why does it have to be safe mode?
Excuse me if I'm wrong, but I believe it has to be in safe mode because safe mode allows access to some files which can't be access in normal mode as these files are being used while in normal mode. Those files include drivers as far as I know :D

Ahk, say hypothetically I wanted to enable the ATi drivers to work in safe mode, how would I go about it?

You can't, that's why it's called "Safe-Mode". Safe-Mode loads the very minimum driver and services to allow for troubleshooting.

yeah I figured that, but i just wondered if you could FORCE the ATi drivers to be part of the minimum drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom