Driver Installing/Uninstalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alteredglitch1

Beta member
Ok well i wanted to play this game, on my computer, and it said i have to install better drivers, and it suggested a better driver, so i dl it install it and the comp just wont turn on, then i see you have to uninstall the old driver to add a new one, can someone tell me how to uninstall my old driver on it and if i can do it without logging into windows, cause when it gets the the login page it just freezes. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Booting the system in safe mode for manually using the driver removal tool provided by the card's manufacturer would be the way to see that done. You press the F8 key right at the end pf the last post test screen repeatedly to see the Windows boot menu appear.

For XP that also has the last know configuration that worked option or the safe mode /command prompt only option to manually start up the system restore feature. Once Windows is running normally you can use the removal tool to see that automatiically remove the old drivers. Sometimes the latest version will also do that as well.

First let's get Windows running again. If you are running XP the Microsoft article seen at How to start the System Restore tool at a command prompt in Windows XP will provide the fastest means of seeing Windows running normal again by selecting the dafe mode /command prompt only optioon and following the instrucations sseen there for typing in: %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe at the command line and oressing the enter/return key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom