Drive in a Raid 0 Volume is Failing, what are my options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitsu3kGTVR4

Baseband Member
I'm new to using a Raid setup, and so far it seems to be pretty fast. It's been running fine for about 2 weeks, but a message just popped up "A drive in a Raid 0 volume is failing."

I'm running 2 80 gig Seagate 7200's, Vista 64, and Intel 975xbx2kr.

When I check the main volume for both drives the status says normal, but when checking each individual hard drive the one on port one has a status of "error occurred"

Anyone know what to check for here? Is this a software or hardware issue? And how can I resolve this?

Hard Drive health (HDD) is a program you can download, that will inform you of a Drives SMART Status. Which is Hardware. The only thing you can do is backup important information regularly and continue to use it. If a Drives dies you will either have to use the other by itself or buy another Drive.

i tried HDD health but i don't think it recognizes Raid drives, it sees my other 2 hard drives fine but it doesn't show anything for the Raid drives, just shows they're there.

tried chkdsk but didn't have any luck. i think it might be the actual hard drive, although everything seems to be working fine, i noticed the bios screen reports one of the raid hard drives has an error... i think i'm going to try and format both drives, reinstall windows, and if that doesn't fix it it's probably the actual hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom