Drive Mixup - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Drive Mixup

I have two USB drives that I use on my computer (because they're in the front of the tower and by the way I have a Windows). They are drives E, and F. I recently ejected my flashdrive from drive F. (Pressing eject, which I don't usually do. I usually take it out) Then when I inserted the flashdrive into drive E, the computer recognized it as drive F. I can still open my files on the flashdrive, but I'm not sure how to get drive E recognized. Thanks for all your help.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Drive Mixup

well it depends . are you saying that the one drive dosent show up at all or that it has a different drive letter?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

One drive doesn't show up at all because I have a shortcut on my desktop to my flash. The shortcut is to my flash in drive E. When I now put the flashdrive into the USB drive E, the shortcut won't open. Also, when the flash is inserted into drive F, the flash shows up as drive F. Where did my drive E go?
Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

well does the E drive show up in my computer.
Closed Thread