down side up

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
is it ok to mount a mechanical hard drive upside down? this will be a second hard drive, it actually the original 320gb that came with my original computer. i do have a second drive bay, but i can not use it, because the card reader is mounted there (and i do use that quite a bit). so the only relatively easy place is the bottom of the case. i figured on using 3m vhb foam tape to mount it there. which will give it a little air space as well. otherwise i will have to really test the strength and endurance of the vhb tape, and hang it from the bottom of the regular hard drive cage.

Yes it's fine - they can be oriented any way you want as long as they won't be shocked by movement.

good. that will be a LOT easier than trying to mount the drive under the main one. now, that drive has windows vista on it. should i remove windows from that drive? i do not think the motherboard will run vista. i say that because there was something i was supposed to do in order to run 7. which i did not do, when i downloaded the virtual machine using windows 7. so????

Back
Top Bottom