Don't trusk Geek Squad and need help!!!!

Dynex is best buy's power supply. I think the only place you can get a dynex is through best but, and only they offer the warranty. you can go to the dynex web site, where you'll see a best buy logo and no place to attempt an rma except with a phone number listed
John Mayer needs to take it back to bb and have them confirm there is an issue. Then John needs to tell them to take that crap out of his pc, ask for a refund and get a corsair. Newegg has better prices but you'll need a few days for the ship time. It's not a lot of effort to just replace the power supply and with a little effort you can make the wiring look prettier

No, I mean when he gets the Corsair, he is able to do it himself. Best Buy does not have the right to say that about any other manufacturer.

Take off the cover and make sure that there are no wires hitting the fan inside the computer case. That would make since that the sound stops if you tilt he computer.

I know you said you aren't all that knowledgeable...but you probably know more than many G**k Squad employees sadly. The Dynex brand is not known for quality or anything like that. I recommend you move to a nice single-12V rail PSU like the Corsair 650W. You can get them at Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More! and you don't have to talk to any B**t Buy employees to do it ;)

Don't open the Dynex, it's a little dangerous and could void the warranty, I'm fairly sure a wire is hanging too close to the fan blades inside the PSU.

Back
Top Bottom