Don't trusk Geek Squad and need help!!!!

JohnMayer1983

Beta member
I recently purchased an Nvidia geforce gtx 550i GFX card and a Dynex 520 Watt PSU from bestbuy and had Geek Squad install on my dell inspiron core i3 530 2.93ghz pc. When i got the pc back, the psu is EXTREMELY loud. I was expecting it to be louder but even worse, the fan sounds like it is hitting something and giving it a clickity clak sound (for lack of a better description). This sound stops if i tip the unit a little further than 45 degrees backward. I figure either the fan is hitting something or may be loose. Hopefully this will be an easy fix/replacement. However, the other issue is that now the internet is verrrry slow. My girlfriend plays facebook games and they are now unplayable. They were a little slow before, but now they are 100x worse.

I am not very knowledgeable about pc hardware and i fear that GeekSquad will know this and screw me further, and i sadly feel that they know little more than me sometimes lol. Does anyone know why these issues have occurred? If you need any more info about my rigg, i can provide...and if you could tell me how to find out that info it would help as well lol. Like i said, very novice. Thank you in advance to anyone who may offer explanation or help. I'm already out $383 and don't want to lose any more.

Don't ever use geek squad. It is easy enough to do it by yourself. Even if you never opened a desktop, we can help you.

Are you sure it isn't the graphic card fan? Those can get a little loud. Try taking the graphics card out and use onboard or your old graphics card.

Never heard of Dynex. Probably a cheap brand. Get a new reputable one. Corsair, Seasonic, OCZ, Silverstone. Don't get it at Best Buy, get it from Newegg. Much cheaper.

That Dynex power supply is crap, take it back and tell then that the power supply is noisy and not running right (you have a warranty) and you want to upgrade to a better brand name. Dynex is best buy's house brand and I have never seen any positive reviews on the dynex psu
If the have a corsair or an antec, get that

I could only find a review on the Dynex 400w here
Dynex 400 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

That Dynex power supply is crap, take it back and tell then that the power supply is noisy and not running right (you have a warranty) and you want to upgrade to a better brand name. Dynex is best buy's house brand and I have never seen any positive reviews on the dynex psu
If the have a corsair or an antec, get that

I took that as much. Was probably on sale, right?

The PSU is crap, take it back, get a better brand.

Food for thought, a weak PSU will cause the machine to slow down, and display strange behavior because it can't power the system, add in a power hungry GPU, and your asking for trouble if that PSU decides to go "POP".

Thanks all for the help. Taking machine to geek squad today to get them to fix pnroblem. Appreciate everyone chiming in
:

Bestbuy warranty probably states that for the warranty of such a product to be valid it has to be serviced by them. I wonder if they even installed the Dynex PSU... xD

I thought the manufacturers give out warranties, not BB. Unless your saying to be able to return it to them. But we all know to just RMA it back to the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom