Dodgy Pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My PC did that a few weeks ago I had to get a new PSU, that's prob 90% it, but if its an older computer there's a chance a capacitor on your motherboard blew, check your motherboard info somehow, online or whatnot see if it was made with solid capacitors, if so then you got a dead PSU, or you could check the motherboard yourself, may need a flashlight, just look at the capacitors for any of them being blown, bulging or leaking fluid out the top or bottom.

Okay thank you. Its a school computer, so i just wanted to know so i can 'own' the IT guy. lol.

Well today i said to him it was the Power Supply, i suspected it but i didnt want to start an argument unless i truly knew (thus i asked here). So, he goes: No, it just boots over and over again. Im like wtf, it never boots. It just turns on for a second a goes straight off. But of course someone of my age (14) could never be right.... people these days. :snob:

So not only was he wrong, because it never got to the booting stage, he actually used the end result (the fact that it wasnt booting) as the reason it wasnt working. Make sense? Of course not, hes an idiot.

It may be over heated, i used to have that problem. Try opening your case and cleaning your processer alsoo

Well I'm 21 and am at the end of my 4th year in computers so tell him I said it's the PSU. He probably still won't listen but tell him I said he's wrong :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom