Do I need a new motherboard?

bob119800

Beta member
My new PSU just came in yesterday, so today I spent some time installing it. I got the PSU originally so I could install my CPU, it's an Intel i7 4790k. After installing the PSU I took the fan off of my old Pentium and attempted to place the i7 in the slot, and of course it didn't fit. I tried looking around on the internet to see if it was compatible with my motherboard but so far I haven't found anything yet. The motherboard is a Lenovo MAHOBAY. Does anyone know if the i7 works with this and I'm just doing something wrong? Or do I need to buy another motherboard, how much would that be and what would you reccomend as well?

It should be on the computer case somewhere.

What CPU were/are you trying to replace?

It should be on the computer case somewhere.

What CPU were/are you trying to replace?
I'm trying to replace a Pentium G2030 with an i7 4790k, the notches on the side of the Pentium are a little bit further down then the ones on the i7

Edit: I'm not entirely sure the model is G2030 but that's the thing directly after the "pentium" part on the cpu so that's what I'm assuming

Last edited:
I'm trying to replace a Pentium G2030 with an i7 4790k, the notches on the side of the Pentium are a little bit further down then the ones on the i7

Edit: I'm not entirely sure the model is G2030 but that's the thing directly after the "pentium" part on the cpu so that's what I'm assuming

The Pentium G2030 is meant for LGA 1155 compatible MoBo's And the i7-4790K is meant for LGA 1150. Your motherboard looks like it does not support Haswell. It looks like you may need to upgrade your motherboard now. Also do not try to force it if you haven't done so lol.

Back
Top Bottom