Do I need better hardware for HD Video Editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roweder

In Runtime
I have been using (or trying to use) Sony Vegas Pro 9.0, and Cyberlink Power Director 8.0 to edit HD movies that I've recorded on my Sony HDR-CX550V camcorder, and neither software can do it.

Vegas pro renders the first 2-3 minutes of the video well, but then it starts to get choppy and eventually it just freezes at a frame and stays there while the sound goes on.

Power Director renders the whole video the same, but scenes turn black with sound, and they're not just black with sound in the rendered video, but after you render the project, the scenes turn black with sound in the project timeline as well, ruining the hard work you've just done.

The hardware I am running meets and exceeds the system requirements, but I have a feeling that the system requirements might not be totally accurate.

I am running the ASUS P5N-D Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz E6600, ASUS nVidia GTX 480, and Corsair 8GB DDR2 Memory at 800MHz (and a 750w PSU).

I'm looking to upgrade my computer at the moment anyway, but before I do I want to be sure that the the problems I am having rendering HD videos are due to my hardware's lack of power, and not the software.

Please let me know what you think,

Thanks in advance,

-Derek

I highly doubt your specs are to blame. The CPU is a little dated, but otherwise your specs are really quite good.

thank you, I actually found out that it was actually an incompatibility between sony vegas and windows 64 bit. I'm not sure what's up with the other program though, it's got its own world of problems I guess... I won't be using it much anyway now that I'm learning to use vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom