Do I need to adjust jumpers on this HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
Hello all, quick question.

Purchased this Hard Disk:
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

I installed my OS and everything is running fine. However, this is an OEM drive and came without any documentation, and I read a few comments where people mentioned something about removing or moving the jumper for Sata 2 operation. I was trying to find info on the Western Digital website but for some reason I couldn't find it.

Can anyone tell me if I need to do anything to the jumpers on this HDD for Sata 2 operation? Hoping if I do need to adjust the jumper I won't have to install the OS again at least :)

Thank you for any help.

Whatever you do, do NOT connect two sources of power (normal power cable and SATA power cable) to the same drive. You will fry it! >.<

Shew :) Did NOT connect two power sources, I knew that was a bad thing.

So on Sata drives jumpers make no difference? Why do they still have jumpers on them?

I think what I read was on the 500gb version of the WD drive, someone on a NewEgg forum said to make sure you remove the jumper or it will on operate in Sata 1 mode, so I wanted to see if that was true with my drive since it does not have any documentation with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom