.dll missing "eminent failure"

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3kk0

In Runtime
Ok, so my parents have an older Windows XP PC (HP, pre-built).
They had it crash before, but didn't learn their lesson and still haven't backed it up.
Well, it would boot up, pass the bios loading screen, and then it gave some error message saying a .dll was missing on boot-up before you reach the Windows login screen. (they can't remember what .dll it was)
Now it boots up into a "Failure eminent back-up before proceeding" message saying "hit F1 to go into setup" (bios) or "Hit F2 to continue".
So, I took the hard drive from their PC and put it into my PC (in my sig; Windows Vista). My PC fully recognizes the hard drive and I can browse all the data on it. So, my question is, is there a program I can scan the hard drive with to see what .dll is corrupt/missing?

Btw, they never received a system disc with the PC when it was purchased from a retail store. It's embedded in the PC somehow. :freak:

Many thanks for any help I can get here!! :cool:
-Cason

There isnt any software out there that will scan for the missing DLL file. You would have to boot to find out for sure.

If you are lucky BartPE might be able to do it but i highly doubt it.

Ok then... I'll just grab the files and pictures I need off the hd from my PC and just reformat my parents XP...
Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom