display won't post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transerver

In Runtime
I moved my computer to another location, installed a tv tuner and now the computer turns on but nothing shows on my monitor

took out the tv tuner and still doesn't work
no beeps when switched on

cpu is sitting tight since the cpu hsf is screwed tightly into the motherboard

switched out the video card, not the issue
checked monitor, not the issue
switched out the HDD, not the issue
all the lights turn on
psu works
changed ram, not the issue
reset cmos, took out the battery, no help

motherboard is a msi p43 neo w/ intel e7500

any help would be appreciated

When you reset cmos how long did you have the battery out?

Did you push the power button to drain power?

Have you tried to reset it via jumpers?

I tried the jumpers, I took out the battery for about 6 mins, I'll try longer this time around

I did push the power button

Just because a few lights come on and a fan spins doesn't mean the power supply is good. My 1st guess would be that the tuner card was just to much of a strain on the power supply. And if the tuner card didn't require a power cable then the mobo was supplying it power thru the pci slot in which case it could be the mobo or the power supply.

well the HDD also spins if that makes any difference
There's nothing power intensive and the psu is overly powerful for what's needed

maybe I'll switch out the psu just to test

btw: removed the battery for over 20 mins, no luck

Could you please remove the tv tuner card temporarily and try either a normal video card or onboard video graphics on the mobo and see what happens ?

I read your post closely when you said you "move it to another location" was the computer working and stabe without any driver or windows crashes problems before all this started up ?
I am just trying to look at this from a different angle, did you install the drivers before you put in the tv tuner card ?

I took the tv tuner card out the moment it wouldn't boot

the tv tuner card has worked fine in all the other computers I've placed it in w/o first installing drivers (thought nothing of it)

no problems with windows before this fiasco

tried another video card and it made no difference
and there's no onboard video

Ok, I know this maybe pointless and all, but take your computer to a pc shop ( not that ****ty geeksquad).
Ask them to a mobo test to see if the mobo actually has died which I am guessing to be the case.
They will probably charge you between 15.00 - 35.00 total for the test.

If it's dead then maybe it's about time you look into a new custom built pc. :)

It shouldn't be that expensive, you can build a good AM3 system for under 500.00 depending on your needs.
Or be like Soulphire and spend your last grand for a nice but expensive good speedy core i5 or core i7 system.

Really the choice is up to you, atleast you have a spare pc to use right ?
Why not save money between now in the middle of august and get yourself a good pc.

yeah, I'm gonna switch out the psu just to check if that's issue, I doubt it, and then I'm gonna switch out the cpu to see if that's the issue, if it isn't, then I'll replace the mobo

I'd rather save $35 for a new mobo since I don't need one with all the newest bells and whistles, just one that would support the e7500

I've got a few PCs to fall back for now but this pentium D is so slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom