Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike1

Baseband Member
Hi there

I have just re-installed XP , while it was loading the monitor was displaying fine , but at the end of the install , windows said it WILL reset the display , then when it rebooted the display was horrible it was set on 640 x 480 and the coulor lowest 4 bit .

the problem is I am not able to change the resolution , I have been through the troubleshooter but when I go to display properties-settings-advanced-monitor- it says monitor type default and the properties box greyed out and the monitor settings show , ' use hardware default setting '

I went into adapter-properties-driver- and it says service name VgaSave and display name VgaSave , I have tried to install the driver from the cd given with the monitor but says there is a problem with Macrmedia I dont know if that has anything to do with it .

Hope that someone can help me .

cheers

spike

If this is onboard graphics, check in the BIOS to make sure the memory allocated for the video is atleast 64MB or higher. Then I would go into Device Manager and check for any devices with Yellow Question Marks as these will require further attention. If there are none of those, uninstall the display adapter and reboot Windows.

I would point my finger at drivers here, also.
Check for any yellow question marks and get any updates you appear to need.
(Not quite sure about Macromedia though???)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Hi there

Thanks for your quick replies , I went into device manager anr there where yellow question marks on the , other devices , Ethernet-multimedia-video controller , it is sayint that the drivers are not installed .

what I didn't say is that I have just changed the motherboard ! . will I have to go to the Intel site to find the drivers for these and if so do I have to delete these with the yelloow question mark ? .

cheers

spike

No, the yellow question mark ones are drivers that need installed. Go to the Intel website and get drivers for all those yellow question marks and it should take care of your issues.

Hi there again

I have downloaded the 3 files onto a memory stick on my laptop then transfered them to a temp file on my pc but when I go into device manager to update the drivers it keeps saying that it can not find them ! .

any idea of what I am doing wrong here .

cheers

spike

Ok, if you have the files on the flash drive, are they .exe files or .dll files? If they are .exe with a setup file, just run that to install that particular driver. Otherwise go into device manager and right click one of the yellow question mark drivers and choose to Update or Install driver.

Hi there

Finally sorted , thank you so very much I could not of done it without your help , I am going to have a beer now , I am in the UK so I cant unfortunately buy you a beer or two , well thanks again .

cheers

spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom