Display Port Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrettwademan

Beta member
Hey guys, I am new here but I am very heavily involved with testing new technology and creating ratings on them for others. Not only do I do a lot of reviews, I evaluate products on the market to make sure they work as advertised and work closely with the vendors to fix issues and to make the product better. I mainly deal with computer and server hardware compatibility with peripheral devices such as video switches, extenders, KVM switches and video converters.

Recently I bought an ATI Display Port video card, PCIe-16 2.0 of course and also got a Dell Display Port monitor and NEC Display Port monitor for testing. What I noticed is that anytime the computer is up and running and sending active video out to the display, I can physically disconnect the display port video cable and reapply it, but cannot get the video back. The only way to get the video signal back is to power cycle the computer with the monitor connected. If I boot the PC up without the monitor attached, but then reattach it several minutes later, I still don't have video.

Basically what I am saying is anytime you disconnect the display, you need to reboot the computer to get your video signal back. If the computer goes into power save mode which causes the video signal to hibernate, the only way to get the video back is to restart the computer.

My question to the community is: Have any of you experienced this and what information do you have on it through your experience?

I have 5 more display port video cards on order for testing to see if it does the same thing. I think it may be an ATI thing with Display Port but figured this would be a great place to get some feedback.

If you need more information or if you are curious about some of my results, please let me know.

I noticed that problem connecting a dvi port monitor on my ati (old model X series) card and it also didnt put the picture back on when i remove the cable, but this didnt happen with the analog D-SUB connector. The picture was there every time u pull of D-SUB cable and put it back... I think that has to do with type of video signal video card is sending .On D-SUB is analog on DVI digital. I never tested this on nvidia cards. Could be that ATi card itself is the problem. U could experiment with ATi catalyst control center to set it up....:neutral:

I hope this helps u somehow.....:thumbsup:

Okay I bought 5 new video cards with Display Port. I installed the drivers/software and all worked well. The only thing that did not work was if I booted the computer up without the cable connected to the monitor, I could never get the video back. If the driver is outdated or not installed correctly, the video will not come back once you disconnect the physical cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom