Display issue - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Display issue

Having trouble with displaying 2 monitors or a tv and a monitor at the same time. At first I could hook up my tv to my laptop and view the picture on each one without issues. It was connected by an hmdi cable. I also had my laptop and another monitor connected to eachother via hdmi and vgi and able to view it fine on both monitors.

I tried using an hdmi spilitter to allow me to view all without unplugging and switching cables. I could not view either tv or other monitor via hdmi splitter. I went back to original hookup but i can no longer see tv or other monitor while set up seperately. When I show display in control panel and show display settings it shows one monitor with a 1 and 2 in it divided by a an up and down line such as this ! without the period below it.

How can I resolve this issue so I can use all displays without unplugging cables or to go back to my original hook up.

thx

chara33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Night Ninja

Default Re: Display issue

So, it's a laptop? HDMI is the only cord you were using? Nothing is connected to the video our port on the laptop now, but it's showing 2 monitors connected? I would try uninstalling your driver (not deleting) and then reboot to allow it to reinstall. I would also verify that you have the latest drivers.

What OS and specs or model?

Old 08-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

all set thx
chara33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Night Ninja

Glad to hear it!