Display or HDD Issue... i think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

squirrellym

Baseband Member
My friend just built a piece of crap PC and brought it over to my house. We were going to put in another HDD on the cable that it was on. We tested the HDD, it worked fine, so we went and plugged them both in. we truned on the computer, all the hardware fired up, but no display... No biggie, just single boot the original HDD, switch the jumper settings back to master, plug it in and whee...... still no display. I feel horrible because I did this, and sadly, cannot fix it. I checked, double checked jumper cand cable settings on the HDD..... but stilll.... nothing... help would be great...

Squirrellym

take both hdds out and boot to bios and work from there to add both hdds to the bios, you could reset the bios if you want too

checked out some odd beeping monitor just gave me... came out with this..

1 long, 2 short Indicates a video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot initialize the video screen to display any additional information

any ideas on how to fixzor that?

Have you tried starting in safe mode? Have you tried to go into bios and set the video to AGP?

sorry for no reply forever ago.... i took out the graphics card, blew on it, put it back in, and it worked.... either im magic, or thats a bad PC! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom