Disk Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelregister

Beta member
I have a laptop computer running Windows XP. I recently had a disk usage error that stated I had used up my free disk space. I deleted some files to get it back to where I could use the computer. When I check the properties on my C drive, it shows that I have used 129 of 142GB. However, when I check each individual folder in the C drive, it shows that I am using maybe 25 to 30 GB. What could be taking up all of the disk space?

Probably a hibernation file or something similar. 129 is extremely large though even including the hibernation files and possible restore points.

My first suggestion would be to do a disk cleanup and defragmentation. After that see if you are still supposedly using 129 or really anything beyond say 40 gb. If you are start looking at other causes like a possible virus or error within windows.

Probably a hibernation file or something similar. 129 is extremely large though even including the hibernation files and possible restore points.

My first suggestion would be to do a disk cleanup and defragmentation. After that see if you are still supposedly using 129 or really anything beyond say 40 gb. If you are start looking at other causes like a possible virus or error within windows.

Thanks for the quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom