Disk space problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver23

Solid State Member
Hey guys I wonder if anyone could help , my computer is saying i'm running low on disk space on one of my drives. For some reason my comp has 2 drives C and D and heaven knows why one of them is like 3 Gb (C) and then the other 57Gb (D) instead of just being one 60Gb drive.
Anyway now I can't install anything becase it keeps saying it needs space on drive C, so is there anyway I can make the bigger drive my like main drive what my comp uses or make bothe drives the smae so its just a 60gb drive like it should be, I'd like to be able to do this without having to uninstall any programmes or anything.

ANY help would be amazing

please somebody.......anybody

:D :cool: :D :D

You could just install your software to drive D.

There are programs that change partition sizes, but these don't work on parititions with operating systems on them.

The other option involves removing everything and reinstalling all your software after deleting the parititions.

I tried installing on drive D but it still says I need space on C to do it. And I reaaaallllly don't want to have to re-install everything.
How would I tell if a drive has an operating system on it both drives have practicallly the same files in them , Program Files ,Documents and settings, windows etc

Just bumping this topic back up a bit :).
I have downloaded Partition Magic and it will make the drives bigger or smaller I want to make one drive bigger but It says my comp won't start if the drive has an operating system on so don't know what to do please help.

you could install your programs in D:\ instead

also, to free up some space on C:\ Drive, you can disable paging file - recommended if you have 1GB RAM or above.
or if you have less than 1GB RAM, just reduce paging file

also, disable hibernation. if hibernation is enabled, it reserves some disk space.

You can merge them with PM8, it will move everthing into a single partition. Merge D: with C: it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom