Disk Read Error and Bios Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

exilegod

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

my computer was running at a high Cpu temperature so i decided to remove my heatsink and apply thermal paste.. however in the process some thermal paste got on teh side of my chip so i removed it from the socket and cleaned it off..

however when i connected eveyrthing back together, my computer would not start.. it would say

a new cpu has been installed!

then when i said continue..
it said
DISK READ ERROR (CTRL ALT DEL TO RESTART)

so with some expert advice
i reset the CMOS via battery removal
and now it says when i turn on my computer
OVerclocking failed
F1 to enter setup
F2 to load and continue

When i choose f1 and enter bios , and i press f5 to load default values, then save and continue.. my computer shutdowns by itself instantly, like its losing power, then after a few seconds it starts up by itself again but freezes at post bios screen

If f2
it says " Disk Read Error "

Thanks in advance guys!

When i save the settings in bios... the boot sequences changes.. my computer crashes almost like its losing power.. then it will start up after about 5 seconds. however... it freezes at the screen before bios

uhh what do you mean RMA?

sorry im not proficient with computers :p

Thanks for the help so far tho!

Return Merchandise Authorization. It means, under warranty, any device that breaks unintentionally can be repaired or replaced by the company.

There should be a number you can call or email RMA form, on your board manufacturer's website, in support.

What are your specs/components? Or, if your computer is a pre-built, what is the make and model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom