Disk Drive isn't functioning - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2005, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Disk Drive isn't functioning

well a few days ago, I decided to format my pc because it was running really slow. I forgot how much of a ***** it was to install my video card...

So i was in the BIOS disabling **** attempting to disable this onboard video card (i really didn't know what i was doing =D) and I finally got the video card to work.

Well, when i tried to install some games, and play some CD's I discovered that my PC isnt even recognizing my disk drive. Actually, it sort of is and isnt...

When i click "my computer" its not there like it was before and doesnt run ect.; however when I check under device manager its there and my PC tells me there are no problems

I'd really appreciate it if someone gave me some advice. ty.

PS: I have a emachines(celeron: T2895) and it still has the disk drive it had when i bought it. Ive had no problems before.

Thanks for the help; tell me if I need to be more specific about the hardware because I really dont know that much about PC's.

Old 11-26-2005, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Windows might be just hiding the drive in My Computer. If you have Windows XP with SP1 or 2 you can use TweakUI for Windows XP from Microsoft.
Closed Thread