Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
will my new system been working fine..but for the second time my system crashes ..i get the blue screen but cant read what it says becouse it flashes real fast before it reboots..when it does i get this
(DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER )
..the first time this happend i tried to use the system disk but it was going to install windows ..so i took the cd out and turned off the pc and after few minutes i turned it back on and it worked fine,and the same thing today when the exact same thing happend....any idea what might be cousing this?could it be the my hard drive over heats?or is it a bad drive?how can i fix this?
thanks

funny you should ask this just happened to me yesterday. I had this HP computer that I used before I built my most recent. My BIOS became corrupted I suppose, have that posted on this forum also, so I had to use my old computer. I had it torn apart and put it back together. Got the same exact message. I had another computer lying around and used the HDD from that and it works fine. I even tried hooking the bad one up as a slave but BIOS doesn't even detect it. In my case it was a bad HDD. Try getting hold of an extra HDD and using that. If it works then obviously it's your hard drive. If you get this far, try hooking up the other one as a slave for a while and see if it ever fails. Sounds like your HDD is about to die on you.

This was my problem

I had a new emachines T6520 Do something similar. It crashed on day and would only boot to a black DOS screen that said a bunch of mumbo jumo then Disk boot failer please insert system disk and hit enter. It also made a ticking noise. I had to send it to the emachines place to get a new Hard Drive put in. When it says please insert system disk its probably talking about a new Hard disk or ( Hard Drive ). Anyway thats what happened to my computer.
OH !! YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET RID OF YOUR SERIAL NUMBER ON YOUR POST!!

THat ticking means that the disc got stuck. I was installing windows on a hdd and it was upside down on my desk and was making alot of noise so i slowly turned it over and then it stated clicking and the status bar stopped. U have to smack the hdd to get it unstuck and if u dont its worthless, but i suppose if its under warranty then just get it replaced.

Your hard drive is about to become a frisby!! Save your data and RMA that dirve. If it is a Western digital and still under warrenty, you can RMA that drive on-line and they have a new one back to you, no questions asked, in 2 weeks!!!!

this is somewhat an old post ..and every thing you said guys is true..my drive did die...and i had to RMA

i searched for a thread i made and this came up too and your problem didnt seem to have a clear solution so i decided to post, no harm in ressurecting an old thread

Biggie578 said:
i searched for a thread i made and this came up too and your problem didnt seem to have a clear solution so i decided to post, no harm in ressurecting an old thread
ture..lol..and next time i hear my drive ticking i would know what to do ..lol....but thnaks for the reply though:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom