Directly connecting haddrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiLLaGe

Baseband Member
I have two harddrivers in seperate computers. I want to take one HD and directly connect it to another HD, so I can transfer 50 gigs realy really quickly. I took my HD and set the jumpper settings to slave, and when I pluggged everythng in and tried to load my F drive, it says it's not formattable and would i like to format?
Well i have important stufff oon their and I don't wanna lose it. ANy tips?

Yeah, they're the exaxt same Harddrive in fact. And yes, it gives me this error IN windows when I double click my newly appeared "F Drive"

Also, when I right click it and click on properties, it says 0 bytes for everthing. Is it possible I set my jumper settings incorrectly?

Update: I can't seem to get this crap working.

1) I looked on the back of the HD and memorized where it said to place the jumpers to make it a slave drive
2) I plugged in everything and turned on computer.

Is there something I'm missing? Still isn't working =[

So both computers are then on the same file system right, file system has nothing to do with hardware. If you have them both on windows xp then you probably did ntfs file system. Here's a way to see if your computer is recognizing it but its just not formatted to your file system. Open up windows explorer and right click on My Computer and click manage. In the new window it goes down to click on disc management and it will tell you the partitions of every hard drive, see if the full space comes up right in there, if it does then it most likely means that its not formatted to your file system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom