Direct3D power cuts - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Direct3D power cuts

I have recently replaced the LCD unit of my Laptop. Ever since then, I have been experiencing some frustrating issues.

1) Every time I run a Graphic Intensive application like a game, heaven benchmarking, or even the Windows Experience Index, my laptop just cuts power instantly. It happens when on AC or battery.

2) Every time I power down my PC, the Motherboard does not power down automatically. Windows goes through its normal process of Logging off...Shutting Down...Screen Goes Off...but then the CPU still has power (warm air blows out the cooling vent) and some indicator lights are still on. Like the bluetooth, battery, video mode, power button, etc. The harddrive and wireless card indicator lights go off though.

I have tried the following:

Flash Bios
Update All Drivers
Reopen Laptop and check for any loose connects
Scan Registry.

Nothing worked.

Please help.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Default Re: Direct3D power cuts

What tyoe if laptop do you have by chance, also what type of onboard gpu do you have running ?

Is your laptop on a solid platform with no carpet type materials, might be a issue also if its getting hot down in south africa.

Welcome to Tech-Forums by the way.
Closed Thread