Direct3D functionality not available (graphics card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siena1383

Baseband Member
I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphics card that was running just fine until today.
My OS is Windows XP Pro.

I had been playing a game (shrinkwrapped, not on the web) with no problems. Now it won't load and I get a message saying my graphics card doesn't meet minimum requirements.

I had installed and uninstalled a driver for a no-brand webcam. The install didn't affect anything; so I assume it was the uninstall that caused the change. So I figured my best bet was to download the most current driver for my graphics card. One had just been released yesterday, so I installed that. It did not solve the problem.

When I ran dxdiag, I got the "Direct 3D functionality not available" message. (The other odd thing is that it said my driver date was 1/11/10 instead of yesterday.) I posted the problem at the NVIDIA forum, but no one has answered, so I thought I'd try posting here.

Is there any kind of config change I can make to bring back my 3D graphics?

Could I use System Restore to get back the old driver from before I ever installed that webcam driver?

Any other ideas?

Later: No video capability, either.

Is there no way to delete this thread?

I have a different question now that I know what caused the problem (magnet stuck to computer box). I can't edit the original thread title or post at this point, so I'd rather start a new thread (and will). But there seems to be no way to delete this one. Am I missing it?

Members cant close or delete. Must report the post for a staff member to do it. The Report button is this one:

report.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom