Dimension 2350 Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagnozzi

In Runtime
Ok, I'm trying to fix a BSOD for a neighbor, Dell Dimension 2350. Kept getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL....after doing EVERYTHING in the book to solve this, I'm deciding to blow the system away with the restore cds...

Well, the system hangs on the 'Installing Devices' screen forever. I'm suspecting that the 56k modem is on its way out, but I haven't pulled it yet to see. Its the only PCI device in the machine, and it came that way from the factory.

Is this common? I don't want to jump the gun and get another 56k modem for them yet, but what do you think? :(

please include the error code too, includding all the zeros

what you have told us so far is like saying my car is broken it will not go forward because.........
the error code wil tell us why
sometimes it is not good and you may get to use the recovery cd after all.

well I've tried to re-install XP now...and its still hanging @ 'installing devices'...does this sound like one of the devices is messed up? I tried both quick and slow formats of the hard drive...If I pull the 56k modem, and windows installs correctly, and I put it back in after windows is installed, could this mess it up?

I came home on my lunch break, took out the pci modem, and it still hangs on 'installing devices'...could the Dell memory be bad? The system is only a 1 1/2 years old.

I get new memory in the mail tomorrow, lemme know whatcha think.

I tried that, no errors reported. I read somewhere on microsoft's site that having a usb mouse/keyboard could cause a problem because of a bug with usbhub.sys

I'm going to try w/ a ps2 mouse when I get home and see if I have better luck. Also, I'll reset to default settings in BIOS w/ the exception of changing the boot order to boot cd first....sheesh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom