Digital Video Interface (DVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPaxson

Solid State Member
I have 3 Pc's in my business building where we recently had a new roof put on. This week, I've been checking our pc's (72) to make sure everything is still working. I've found 3 in which I can use the VGA ports for video display, but not the DVI ports. I've ruled out the monitors, the cables, and the video cards themselves. These pc's use the Windows XP Pro operating system. Also, before our christmas vacation, there were no problems that were reported to me, except for one of the digitaless pc's in which I replaced the motherboard. Does anyone have any ideas?

have you swaped out the vid cards with a known working one with DVI? just to make sure it's not some setting or something.

I've checked the bios to make sure that the cards are not disabled. I was thinking it may possibly be a driver issue, but that in itself is another mystery since all three pc's were utilizing the DVI cards. There isn't some setting somewhere that might change the video display modes?

I'm not sure off the top of my head. I believe it's an intel, but once again I'm not sure right now. I truly do appreciate your help by the way. I've been going over and over possibilities and I'm out of ideas.

hmm intel only makes integrated grapgics as far as i know. have you tried re installing the latest drivers for the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom