Digital monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggworm

Solid State Member
ok im not too good with names....

I bought a new computer in feb with SLI 2 vid cards.

I was running an older monitor (like 3 years old) it was probably analog..im guessing.

I bought a new LCD monitor and it wont work when I plug it in with the digital cord. (i think its dvi) I need to use the smaller one (the VGA with an adapter) to have my monitor stay on...not go to sleep mode.

I go to the monitor options, (on monitor menu) and select digital, but it automatically goes back to analog.

Is there something that I nbeed to switch on my computer. I looked all over the NVIDIA config section and cant find a button or option to choose for digital.

you bought a system with 2 video cards and a new LCD with DVI inputs. Now the screen won't be visable unless you have the VGA input hooked up? Do you have the DVI hooked up to the correct card? from what I understand in SLI there is a "master" and a "slave" card... usually the top one is the master?

...mmn.

If you're trying to send the data to the monitor digitally, and you're trying to do it with the monitor's DVI port connected to a DVI to VGA adaptor (which is connected to the graphics card) then this won't work since VGA is strictly an analogue interface. The converter will turn the DVI port into an analogue connection.

So, unless your DVI port on the graphics card works, then the TFT LCD monitor cannot receive digital signals.

Alright. With the PC off, hook the monitor up to a DVI port on the graphics card using the DVI cable. Make sure the cable is connected properly, and firmly at both end. Then turn the PC on. If you don't see the POST dialogue on screen or the Windows OS splash loading screen during boot, then check your monitor's onboard display settings and see if there's an option which allows you to switch between analogue (VGA) and digital (DVI) interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom