Difficulty with High Speed Cable Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

prymel

Beta member
I have two PCs in two different rooms of the house which are wired via ethernet lines that originate from a combo wireless cable modem/router hub in our upstairs bonus room. This hub is integrated into our overall home theater/entertainment system.

For months we have seen that our internet connectivity consistently drops completely or for long stretches of time from about 10:30 a.m. to around 6:30 p.m., but the signal/connectivity is flawless on either side of this time frame. We've swapped out the wireless modem, but still experience the same problem. We've had no local connectivity issues, so it appears the problem is confined to our residence and system.

Any thoughts about what might be causing this problem? Could there be conflict issues with other electronic components in the entertainment system? Might the use of a wireless modem in a non- wireless configuration have an impact? This problem has me stumped.

Thanks!

...... some routers can do that with a setting. Is this combo wireless cable modem/router hub thing something your isp gave to you? If so then you might just call them, cause they'd know more about that specific router.....thing..y. If not I'd say go into the settings and see if it has a time lock thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom