Difficult Diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callofbooty

Baseband Member
Hey everybody,
Im having problems with my computer that I built in December. Whats happening is this. While playing a very large game like WOW, the computer freezes. I then hit CTRL ALT DEL, but instead of getting the task mngr I get this error message, "failure security options logon process has failed to create the security options dialog." I then have a black desktop screen with no shortcuts or recycle bin, just the start taskbar along the bottom. Next, after I reboot, which I have to because it wont let me click on anything, it tells me to insert bootable media or press any key blah blah. i went and looked at my boot config in bios. and guess what? It doesnt recognise my cd drive or hard drive via SATA connections. Anyways, if I wait a day and turn the computer on, it will definetely boot into windows. Also, if I change my HDD SATA connection to another on the MOBO it will boot into windows. This is not the first time I have had this happen to me. It will work for a while, then freeze again while playing WOW, and then bios wont recognise my sata connections. Also, a lot of times this happens. Turn on the computer, computer screen shows bios pic start screen, "hit tab to show text screen, hit delete to enter bios," and the computer will just sit there with my bios picture which says T-Series, unless I hit tab to show text screen, then it finally goes to the hardware monitor phase and boots windows. What could it be. Im not sure. Bad Driver Downloads? GPU card is in the master slot? Bad Memory? Or a bad Motherboard?

Boy, there are a few different things this could be. Are you running Vista? Have you tried launching the game from the .exe (instead of the WoW launcher) and doing it as the Administrator? Go to the WoW directory, find the exe and right click on it and run as admin. Probably not the issue, but I have heard of this being a problem for some.

Have you run any harddrive scans to make sure it isn't failing?

Have you updated your mobo bios/drivers?

It doesn't sound like a problem with the video drivers.

Have you tried a different sata cable? Probably not an issue, but you never know.

Oh sorry, yeah i am running Vista. Ill definetely try running the game as admin. I know its not the HDD because its brand new and its the third one I have bought since building this computer in DEC of 2008. lol, the HDD was probally never broken. Yes I have tried a different SATA cable. I have a Biostar TP45 P45 express chipset MOBO. What website do I go to to update my mob bios/drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom