Did i fry my motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam

Baseband Member
My computer only boots on occasion. Sometimes I press the bupower button and it fires right up. Usually, about 90% of the time however when I press the power button it lights up, fans turn on and thats it. No beep like normal, no post message, blank screen, nothing. Ive tried resetting the bios via the motherboard jumper but it didnt help. Any ideas? Is my motherboard dead or is there something that im overlooking. Just figured Id ask before buying a new one.

Try physically removing the bios battery and unplugging the machine. Press the power button a couple of times while its like this give it 5 minutes and put everything back.

Couldn't this be a memory or PSU problem? Try reseating everything in your case, except CPU of course.

Yes it could be a PSU issue. If it were a memory issue he'd be getting an error code.
I also notice that he didn't specify which PSU he has in the original post.
This is the first thing that I would check.

@ OP; Which PSU are you using? What are the specs?

Ill try that. **** thats gonna be a pain since its such a small case. The power supply is a Rosewill rp500 model no:ap-550x.

Well i took it all apart and it still didnt work so I borrowed a power supply that I knew worked and it booted up just fine. Now to buy a new power supply. Any suggestions? since I will not be buying the same one as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom