did i do something wrong on the install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joowan

In Runtime
i just put together my first build,

Conroe E6600 CPU
Asus P5N32-SLI SE mobo
2gig corsair DDR2 Ram
320GB 7200RPM HD

i installed windows and all the appropriate drivers just fine, but when windows starts i get a "safely remove hardware" icon on the windows bar, i hover over it, and comes to find out its my HD.

my HD connection is SATA on the back of the HD to SATA1 port on the mobo.

there is a SATA RAID plug next to the CPU, i plugged my HD into that port and the "safely remove hardware" icon was gone

i try to install world of warcraft, and the patch gives me this error message at 80% every time

"Blizzard Updater was unable to read the file "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\expansion.MPQ". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at C:\--for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the update. (The data being read was "CREATURE\Etherial\EtherialWhite.M2", and the error code was 4.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (Converter::Load)"

so i came up with a solution to start fresh on a new formatted drive

i pop the windows OS cd in the cd drive, restart the computer, boot from cd, windows starts preparing install, i click on "install windows"

"NO HARD DISK DEVICE IS FOUND, PRESS F3 TO REBOOT"

WTF??????

edit:

i fixed the no HD problem. just reformatted the comp on a fresh windows XP home servicepack 2.

but i still have the "safely remove hardware" icon for my hard drive.

attempting to install wow again. lets see if i still get the error

the safely remove hard drive is to do with the new nvidia chipset i think,, bassicly it supports plug and play now,, its not an error and is copletely normal if your using i think its nforce 4, im not sure though

ok thats kind of relieving,

after the reformatt wow installd fine liek it should and it patched just fine as well. but now it crashes..

argghhhh

woops, ya hot swapable, thats what i meant,, my bad,,well you only get the remove hardware thign with certain chipsets though

the good news is, my computer's running smoothly. now that i know what the "remove hardware" icon is.

but i still have a problem, freaking world of warcraft. i can play on any server except the one i have my main char on.

i installed battleifled 2142 and call of duty 2, both run stunningly on maximum graphic output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom